ARTIST & PRINTMAKER
Giclee print (10.5” x 14”) edition of 250
A Brief History Of St Pancras Station
St Pancras train station was designed by William Barlow in 1863 with construction commencing in 1866. The famous Barlow train shed arch spans 240 feet and is over 100 feet high at its apex. On its completion in 1868 it became the largest enclosed space in the world.
KINGS CROSS SKYLINE 1
St Pancras limited edition etching and giclee print by Colin Bailey
KINGS CROSS SKYLINE 1 - Reproduced from an etching by Colin Bailey
St Pancras station clock tower rises above the courtyard of Midhope House on the Hillview estate in Kings Cross in the 1980s. These 1890’s tenement blocks were “decanted” in the late 1970’s by Camden Council pending demolition. They were rapidly squatted by the survivors of the Tolmers Square and Huntley Street squats who fought a drawn out and often bitter battle with Camden council to save the buildings. Grudgingly granted “short-life” status in the 1980s they went on to taken over by a Housing Association the following decade and thoroughly restored.. The Hillview estate is still home to many of these original squatters who have raised families in the flats originally condemned by Camden council as unfit for families!
Giclee print from Etching
Original etching still available
(12” x 16” (edition of 100)