ARTIST & PRINTMAKER
Giclee print (10.5” x 14”) edition of 250
A Brief History Of St Pancras Station
St Pancras train station was designed by William Barlow in 1863 with construction commencing in 1866. The famous Barlow train shed arch spans 240 feet and is over 100 feet high at its apex. On its completion in 1868 it became the largest enclosed space in the world.
ST PANCRAS FROM THE REGENTS CANAL
St Pancras limited edition etching and giclee print by Colin Bailey
ST PANCRAS FROM THE REGENTS CANAL - Reproduced from an etching by Colin Bailey
Early morning breakfast smoke rises from a barge on the Regents Canal running behind Kings Cross and St Pancras station. The famous clocktower of St Pancras station with its neighbouring gasometers looms in the distance behind Camley street nature reserve. 1980’s Kings Cross in London
Giclee print from Etching
Only one of the four gasometers serving the area around Kings Cross has been left standing in the wake of the Eurostar regeneration. The one on the left - officially known as "Single Gasholder No 8" is the lone survivor and faces an uncertain future.
Originally erected by the Imperial Gas Light and Coke Company in 1880 and decommissioned in the 1980s. All the Grade II-listed gasometers have been carefully stored with planes to restore them once work on the St Pancras Eurostar rail link (and the regeneration of the area) is completed. Camley street nature reserve too has been reprieved.
Original etching still available
(12” x 16” (edition of 100)